Standing Committee for the revision of the statutes

Name of the motion : Standing Committee for the revision of the statutes

Presentation of the motion : The purpose of this mission is to set up a standing committee whose mission is to propose a global and coherent revision of the statutes and rules of procedure. Currently, the link between the office and the members is not perfect and it is necessary to create a more dynamic relationship.
In addition, yesterday’s failed motions proved that if motions are not prepared collectively, they are more likely to fail when a large majority is required.

Body of the motion :
A. The GA requires the creation of a standing committee to propose at the general meeting of 2019 an overall revision of the statutes and rules of procedure.
B. This committee will be composed of the delegates of the voluntary members to take part in this revision, of the members of the Board mandated for this purpose. It will be chaired by the President of the PPI or a person elected by the Board. This person may or may not be a member of the Board.
C. The Board must establish the composition of the committee before March 31, 2019 and convene the first meeting before April 30, 2019.
D. At its first meeting, the committee will define its rules of procedure and a timetable for its work, which must be approved by an absolute majority of its members.

Support : PPFR

Rapporteur : @Etienne

Fuck a motion, fuck a comitee, lets do it regarderes.

I volunteer to be part of this pocess, where and how we will organize?

3 Likes

I volunteer as well - we have to move forward with this to make it happen.

1 Currently, the link between the office and the members is not perfect – it is true.
2. If motions are not prepared collectively, they are more likely to fail when a large majority
is required – it is true.
The motions are either accepted or rejected by the Parties-members.
So, the body made for preliminary discussion of would-be motions should be comprised of representatives of the Parties-members.
And the representatives of the Parties-members can meet online any time as often as they want.
Our Party is ready and willing to communicate with any other Pirate Party.
The E-mail of our Committee on international relationships is: CommitteePPR [at] gmail.com.
On our opinion, direct connections between the Parties-members are not less important than „the link between the office and the members“.

I volunteer for this as well.

1 Like

As mentioned a motion is not needed.

I do comment that we set up a revision of the statutes, which is available at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g9PA4rJjYWjd-QIlQcHigMxWOuTqXMjGgFnKm-A_Zog/edit?usp=sharing

That list though involved editing. It seems that we could use a statute revision to freeze inactive members rather than just removing them. There are a number of parties that are seemingly inactive. We really need to freeze these members to enable us to obtain quorum, while not kicking them out in case they are still active or revive their activity.

1 Like

I think that we need a total restart. We only do some patches, this is not enough.

On my humble experience as a co-redactor of the PPFR new statutes, when you start from scratch it is more simple to have a global view of the relations between the different parts of the organization.

That why, I believe this standing committee should proceed like this :

• 1st : try to define what kind of organization we want
  • 2nd : try to make a chart of the wanted organization
  • 3rd : write the statutes
1 Like

But exactly this could do not the new Committee, but the representatives of Member Parties.
If you have the support of more than 2/3 of these representatives - you can rewrite the Statutes.
If you wouldn’t have such a support, the new Committee will be of no use.

The purpose of establishing a working group is to prepare a motion for the GA.
This committee will only have to power to make suggestions and only the GA will have to final word.

If a lot a members decide to participate to this project, it will be more easy to pass the motion at the GA.

2 Likes