== 5.4 UN Updates==

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=SCUBA_(United_Nations)

We held a small SCUBA meeting. Groundspasses for all 3 UN centers have been submitted. We held a meeting in which we discussed a statement for a Commission on the use of internet for illegal purposes, but we saw that our organization was not listed as a formal participant in the meeting despite having sent a form to participate and being on their mailing list. I paste the notes from the chat from our meeting in this pad: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/ppi-internal-obdk07s/pad/view/un-meetings-2023-49ik0nh

We discussed setting up a side event for the Youth Forum. The Youth Forum is a hybrid event in NY, and the deadline is March 17. ECOSOC Youth Forum | Economic and Social Council

We also discussed applying for a UN funded project grant, such as the following which is due in November. We should investigate our ability to manage the accounting and setting up a team to build a competent project: The UN and Civil Society | United Nations

Who is receiving the co-chairmen email? I do not have access to this email and all of the most important UN information arrives there. It is a hidden list. I request that all board members receive emails to this list If this is not resolved soon then I will change the contact email at the UN. We have been missing all of the invitations to speak and submit statements for about 2 years now.

Bastian updates that it is an actual email that is forwarded. My recommendation is to create a UN activities email that is forwarded to all board and working group members.

The IGF 2023 Call for Session Proposals has opened!

Any and all interested are invited to submit their proposals for sessions at the 18th IGF Annual Meeting, “The Internet We Want – Empowering All People”,

to be held in Kyoto, Japan, 8-12 October.

Submissions are welcome under the meeting’s eight subthemes:

Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Emerging Technologies

Avoiding Internet Fragmentation

Cybersecurity, Cybercrime & Online Safety

Data Governance & Trust

Global Digital Divides & Inclusion

Global Digital Governance & Cooperation

Human Rights & Freedoms

Sustainability & Environment

Explore the different session types – including competitively evaluated workshops, the core of the IGF programme – on our Call page.

Send your proposal within the deadline: 19 May 2023, 23:59 UTC.

On Sunday, April 23 at 22:00 CEST we will be holding a SCUBA meeting to discuss an upcoming IGF call for proposals and other UN activities. Immediately after the meeting we will transition to our routine social event Pirate beer, BYOB. The meeting will take place as usual in our bbb room: bbb @ piratensommer [BigBlueButton]

Groundspasses should be processed immediately. We have self nominations from Liz, Ohad, Ohad, and Carlos (if not full) at UNHQ. Carlos, Alex, Mike(if not full), Keith(if not full) at UNOG, and Mike, Keith (as CAO) in Vienna. Who else? We should have about 6 not including prez and CAO at each.